Whether you want to lose 10 kgs, 15 kgs, or 20 kgs – it’s essential to get into a calorie deficit where you consume lesser calories and burn more, but the key to weight loss is to not slash calories to such a degree that the body would go into a “famine” mode and refuse to let go of its fat storage. Many people believe that one of the easiest ways to lose weight is by starving and crash dieting, which actually produces the opposite effect – because lack of nutrition and adequate energy will force the body to go into a famine and fat-conserving mode, as we have mentioned before. It would also help a great deal if you make these healthy swaps and switches to accelerate the pace of weight loss and make it much more easier. So, read on all about 12 healthy switches you should make right now.
1. Rati Beauty Diet instead of Crash Dieting: Dieting is not about eating bland food and staying hungry all day. A weight loss diet should be healthy and include wholesome meals, not based on the concept of food deprivation, and takes care of all your nutrient requirements, along with keeping you in calorie deficit so that you can drop extra pounds and burn fat consistently. As we have mentioned before, crash dieting will make the body switch to famine mode from which point, shedding extra weight becomes extremely difficult. Without eating right, weight loss will not happen! Not if you eat more, not at all if you eat too less. Even if you spend hours together in the gym, the weighing scale would not move in your favour if there’s no calorie deficit established through dieting. That’s why following the right kind of weight loss diet is imperative to burn fat, and Rati Beauty Weight Loss diet on the Rati Beauty app help to drop extra weight the healthy way without compromising on nutrition. Also, diet food is not “bland or tasteless” anymore on these weekly diet programs.
2. Water instead of Sweetened Beverages and Fizzy Drinks: We repeat this in every weight loss post – but we have to absolutely underline the importance of hydration in the weight loss process. Water helps you to drop extra pounds whereas sweetened beverages and fizzy drinks make you gain weight. There are so many of us out there who just forget to sip on water through the day, and fall short of the mandatory 8 glasses of water per day. Drinking minimum (yes you read it right hon!!!) two liters of water a day speeds up your metabolism, leaves less room in your stomach for food, detoxifies your body, and aids in the fat-burning process.
3. Dark Chocolate Instead of Milk Chocolate: People who want to lose weight are advised to stay away from chocolate because they are believed to be packed with calories and would lead to rapid weight gain.But we are here to tell you that, “dark chocolate,” has been found to boost weight loss. Even though dark chocolate cannot be considered that magic wand that can melt away extra pounds, it can definitely boost the whole weight loss process. Various studies have established that dark chocolate with 70% cocoa can actually help shed pounds. Though not exactly low on calories, one ounce of dark chocolate with 60 percent or more of cacao has about 170 calories, it has many health benefits, including that on weight loss.
4. Walking instead of Being a Couch Potato: Sitting is the new smoking because sedentary lifestyle can trigger many diseases, type 2 diabetes, obesity, and cardiovascular problems are just a few of them. That’s why, get up on your feet and walk at every given opportunity, even if it means getting up and taking a mini stroll to the kitchen to refill your water bottle. Walking and being on your feet helps to keep the fat-burning process active, so walk at every given opportunity.
5. Whole Fruits instead of Packaged Fruit Juice: High in sugar and empty calories, packaged juices can never be a replacement for whole fruits. We do not even recommend juicing out fresh fruits because precious fiber is lost in the juicing process. Fiber, as we all know, is essential to shed extra pounds. Here are “12 Handy Tips To Add More Fiber to Diet for Weight Loss.”
6. Cooking instead of ordering food/Eating Out: Cooking your own meals helps to cut down loads of empty calories, toxic ingredients such as MSG (monosodium glutamate), transfat etc. Delete all food-ordering apps on your phone and cut down the frequency of eating out.
7 Sleeping Early instead of Watching TV: Each one of us needs an average of 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep per night. Many of us ignore the fact or either work at night or simply spend time watching TV or spend long hours on the phone. Getting enough sleep will not only make you look beautiful, it will control your appetite and hence keep your weight in control, it will also keep essential fat-burning hormones at their optimum level, improve metabolism, and help you lose weight – such good package with just 8 hours of sleep!
8. Complex Foods instead of Refined Carbs: Carbohydrates are an essential part of a balanced diet, since they provide your brain and body with the necessary mental and physical energy. Refined carbs on the other hand have high amount of empty calories and would lead to weight gain. Not all carbs are bad for weight loss, only refined carbs are because they have empty calories that spike insulin and cause creation of new fat cells. Swap refined carbs with foods with complex carbs such as quinoa, wheat, oats, lentils, etc. So, instead of totally cutting out carbs from your diet, you can opt to eat foods with complex carbs which is essential for your body. Healthy carbohydrate food sources are whole grains and vegetables, which consists fibers, vitamins and minerals.
9. Switch Regular Tea with Green Tea: No fitness journey is complete without green tea. Green tea is a natural fat burner. Skip your regular tea/coffee/juices and add green tea in your diet because not only does it help burn fat around the waist, green tea also increases metabolic rate. Consume 1-2 cups every day is fine, exceeding the recommended amount is not advised.
10. Traditional Indian Breakfast Dishes Instead of Bread and Jam: Start your day with a nutritious meal and definitely not with high-calorie bread-jam, packaged cereal etc.
11. Homemade Popcorn Instead of Potato Chips: Potato chips have hight amount of calories that when consumed regularly would lead to weight gain. If you are looking for a low-calorie yet healthy snacks, pop your own corns!
12. Fixed Meal Timings Instead of Frequent Snacking: Put a Full Stop to Frequent Snacking: Insulin, which is a fat-storing hormone along with maintaining blood sugar levels, encourages the body to store fat and frequent snacking raises insulin levels in the body and too many insulin spikes through the day will result in creation of new fat cells. Restrict snacking to just twice a day. Find out healthy snacking options on the Rati Beauty app.
Additionally, relax Instead of Stress: Losing weight itself is a stressful task, but being in a state of chronic stress, can be one of the major reasons why your weight isn’t coming down. When you feel stressed out, it can increase the level of a hormone called cortisol which leads to weight gain. One key tip to shed those extra pounds is to worry less about situations and stay carefree about the same. Don’t make losing weight a job to do, make it a hobby or passion. This will change your outlook towards it and cause less stress inside your mind. Read about “10 Tips to Lower Stress in order to Lose Weight.”
The post 12 Switches That Would Make Losing Weight 10 Times Easier appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.