Doing gruelling workout routine in the gym to melt away extra fat is not everyone’s cup of tea. And losing weight definitely does not have to be such a strenuous process, not to be considered as a punishment for your body either. It is neither about eating bland food all day long. Contrary to popular belief, weight loss can be made a less tedious and more enjoyable with effective and easy-to-employ strategies. No, we are not suggesting at gulping down copious amounts of detox teas (there’s no scientific data to support their claims), or to invest in gimmicky products like waist trainers and sauna belts. Losing weight need not be all these things, it’s easier and safer when these tips mentioned below are followed:
1. Eat Enough But Within Calorie Deficit: Consuming lesser calories and spending more will give access to stored body fat, but a lot of people, make wrong use of this formula, resulting in a famine situation in the body from which point losing weight becomes quite difficult. Get into a calorie deficit by eating enough food, not less. Experts say a calorie deficit of 500 calories enough for weight loss to happen. Follow the Rati Beauty diet to lose weight without starving or food deprivation. Also read: “15 Ways To Cut 100 Calories Without Even Noticing.”
2. Get Rid of That Sweet Tooth: Sugar in all its forms (both white and added sugar) can make you fat and keep you fat. Excess sugar is converted to fat and stored mostly around the belly area, under the skin (subcutaneous fat) and around the organs (visceral fat). This is exactly what leads to weight gain and that’s where the importance of cutting down sugar comes into play if you want to seriously lose weight. Cut down or eliminate white and added sugar to kickstart the fat-burning process.
3. Find Easy Ways To Cut Calories: As we have mentioned earlier, it is essential to maintain a calorie deficit in order to lose weight, which means you consume lesser calories than you can burn. Using less cooking oil, having whole fruits instead of juicing them out, cutting down frequency of junk food, avoiding cakes, pastries, sweet treats, baked goods, chips – you won’t believe how many calories you can cut just by leaving out these foods. Instead include these in your daily diet – fruits, vegetables, beans, nuts, seeds, legumes, whole grains, millets, eggs, chicken, seafood, etc.
4. Shop with a Grocery List: Your weekly trip to the grocery store can actually make or break your weight loss game. If you have made up your mind to lose weight, pay attention while grocery shopping. Grocery shopping is not an easy task, especially, when you are obsessed about losing weight the healthy way. It would be hard to leave out tempting food products (read chocolates, jam, jellies, chocolate spreads, chips, baked goodies, packaged juices) that are stacked in supermarket aisles and find out healthy stuff that would nourish your body. To make things easy for you, we have listed out 99 grocery items that any dietician would approve when you go out for grocery shopping.
5. Do Not Forget the Refrigerator: A well-stocked refrigerator that has loads of processed and packaged food can act as a roadblock and barrier if one is trying to lose weight because we tend to store leftovers, sugary delight, and junk food, all in the fridge. In fact, these are “24 Worst Foods in your Fridge that Prevent Weight Loss,” so get rid of them asap.
6. Increase Protein Intake: Experts recommend increasing the protein intake in order to lose weight. Protein increases the level of satiety hormone, curbs appetite, boosts metabolism, builds muscle, and triggers fat burning. Egg, tofu, chicken, paneer, black beans, chickpeas, lentils, Greek yogurt, nuts, chia seeds, etc. are all good sources of protein that can be included in daily diet.
7. Do indulge in Cheat Meals: If someone asks you to swear off your favorite food forever, then you are most probably following the wrong kind of diet plan. Cheat meals have been found to reset a sluggish metabolism, satisfy cravings, and importantly, can help one follow the diet plan better because deprivation can lead to intrusive thoughts of food that would make it hard to stick to your diet plan. To avoid such situations, cheat meal once a week becomes necessary for tricking the body and making it believe that food is available and it’s okay to continue burning fat.
8. Prioritise Sleep over Everything: There’s one reason why you aren’t losing any weight even with slashing calories and exercising every single day of the week. Our question is – are you getting enough sleep, at least 7 hours each night? Research says that sleeping for less than 5 hours even for a single night considerably increases your chances of gaining weight, particularly belly fat! Even though calorie-deficit diet and exercise are important factors that lead up to weight loss – sleep deprivation can completely ruin your efforts and do the exact opposite. In fact, if you are finding it extremely difficult to drop extra pounds and get lean in spite of diet and regular exercise, prioritize sleep over everything.
9. Easy Exercises That Can Be Done During Commercial Breaks: Recent studies and extensive research have shown that one does not need to workout every single day to burn fat – short bursts of exercise, as less as 3 to 7 minutes, for four or five days in a week is enough to boost your weight loss efforts. The best thing is that you don’t need any fancy gym equipment – you can do these highly dynamic exercises in the comfort of your home, while watching television or do them in between episodes of your favorite OTT shows. Jumping jacks, planks, burpees, mountain climbers – these are amazing fat-burning exercises. Try them yourself
Summing up, following a nutrient-dense diet, cutting out empty calories, processed food, sugar, and being active will sail you through to your goal weight.