A lot of people have this misconception that weight loss can only happen in the gym, but hey, it’s not the only place where extra calories can get torched. Look at this data, weight loss is one of the most prominent New Year resolutions that people make and that’s when gym memberships shoot up; however, a majority of those who join gyms in January, quit by the end of January, 14% quit by the end of February, and 80% of them quit within 5 months! So, there goes all your efforts to get lean and fit! That’s why, it would be prudent to actually first straighten out the diet (it has 80% larger role in weight loss) and find other exciting ways to workout if you absolutely dread the idea of hitting the gym or if membership seems like a waste of time and money. Read on to find out 12 other ways to workout other than in the gym:
1. On The Yoga Mat: Yoga is one of the easiest and effective ways to boost your physical and mental strength. Doing yoga regularly has numerous health benefits. And while there are many different kinds of yoga, ranging from the more gentle hatha yoga to the more strenuous, like Bikram yoga or power yoga, every form of yoga improves your health from head to toe. Yoga in every form helps in burning extra calories and keeps the body fit. Yogasanas also help to lower cholesterol and aids in fat loss and weight management.
2. Do Squats, Lunges, Burpees, Jumping Jacks in the Living Room: You can easily transform your drawing room into a fitness zone by doing squats, lunges, jumping jacks, crunches, even as you watch your favorite show. Even doing 10 to 15 minutes of these basic exercises burns significant calories.
3. Fidget Those Legs Sitting On the Couch: Apparently, people who fidget their legs through the day can burn significantly more calories than people who are standing still! So, make use of the TV time, and fidget those legs to lose up to 300 calories in a day!
4. Doing Household Chores: If you are wondering how to devise a method to continue burning calories through the day, along with following the right kind of weight loss diet which provides ample nutrition (like the Rati Beauty Diet), here’s what you can do – just do some household chores! These household chores come under NEAT (non-exercise activity thermogenesis) and is the amount of energy we use for everything in our daily life, barring sleeping and exercising. Using the stairs instead of the lift, squatting on the floor to lift something up, walking while talking on the phone – every activity we do while being on our feet, comes under NEAT, and the same applies for household chores. All these activities help to burn tiny amount of calories through the day, and when they add up, you have torched up a significant amount and are now on your way to drop excess weight pretty soon. Certain studies have established that one can burn up to 150 calories in one hour by doing household chores and NEAT activities! The idea is to be active through the day to put this unique fat loss method to use. By starting on a healthy weight diet such as on Rati Beauty and doing just household chores can help you drop one kg per week, and that too without hitting the gym or doing intense activity, but do remember that each activity should be done for a minimum of 30 minutes, in order to see a remarkable difference. Also read: “12 Household Chores That Would Help Burn Calories.”
5. Stairs: A flight of stairs can add so much to your monotonous exercise regimen. Use stairs instead of the lift, do lunges, cardio workouts and step ups while on a flight of stairs. Climbing stairs instead of taking the elevator would also help a great deal in burning up calories.
6. Give your Calories a Last Dance: The pumping and jiggling on the dance moves makes for a super fun workout. Zumba and salsa classes can give you the adrenalin rush that can torch up calories.
7. Swimming Pool: Not just by swimming laps, pool exercises can help in excellent weight loss and body toning. Kick, cycle, jump, raise your limbs and find how easily your body adapts to this workout. Plus, aqua aerobics is a rage, and group sessions surely make the boring workouts much more fun.
8. Office Chair: Not the conventional workout place, but long hours of sitting at the desk can be interspersed with engaging stretching sessions. Have you heard about “deskercise?.” Chair dips, chair pushups, arm circles, chair squats, knee ups are all different ways that you can workout moving away from the chair. Try them, you can thank us later.
9. In the Park: Feel closer to nature, and live in the moment. A stroll, jog or run in the park followed doing some stretching, squats, lunges can help you get fit.
10. Cycling: Got a bicycle? Then, that’s the only thing you need to burn calories, build strength, and get fit – cycle up a few miles and do not forget to wear that helmet.
11. Walking: The first step towards a fit and leaner body is to get on your feet, and take more steps, and most experts recommend taking 10,000 steps or more through the day for that to happen. When the idea of hitting the gym and working out for hours together to lose weight does not seem like a do-able option, there is an easiest way to stay active and to make sure you are burning calories, and that’s by putting one step before another. You can burn considerable amount of calories each week by making sure you are on the feet for most pat of the day, and trying to achieve a target of 10,000 steps and more because it can burn up to 0.5 kg a week. So, if you are someone who is trying to lose weight but does not know where to start, it would be a good idea to start with brisk walking.
12. HIIT: High-intensity interval training help the body to burn more fat by incinerating more calories, with higher post-exercise oxygen consumption rate. In fact, doing just 15-minute of HIIT can burn more calories than running on the treadmill for an hour. HIIT tends to increase VO2 max, which is the body’s ability to use oxygen for energy. Here’s a “7 Minute Fat Burning HIIT Exercises That you can Do at Home.”
The post Don’t Want To Hit The Gym? Here are 12 Other Ways To Workout appeared first on Makeupandbeauty.com.